Tuesday 15 July 2014

My Hair Care Routine



I love my hair, shamefully it is not in the best condition however, it is still healthy! I use a range of products, so I thought I would share with you my top 7 hair products.

Here are my 7 must haves for your hair, I did try to narrow it too five to be easy but I simply could not decide between every product, I love them all! 

L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Shampoo, 400ml RRP £3.99 
L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Conditioner, 400ml RRP £3.99

Please excuse the camera flash glare, the packaging is very dark so it is difficult to get a satisfying picture of these beauty's. L'Oreal boast this duo to be a breakthrough in the science of hair, I call it magic, after one use of this perfect pair I noticed the difference, my hair felt stronger, thicker and had life with body and bounce- imagine my surprise when the results simply continue to get better wash after wash. 

If you take anything from this blog then make it a purchase of these, I am in love and would happily stand by this product 100%. For those seeking an outstanding result then simply purchase the accompanying thickening masque and thickness booster from the same line - you will be amazed!

Garnier Ultimate Blends The Nourishing Repairer shampoo, 250ml RRP £2.79


Garnier have very kindly embraced the wide range of issues that the average woman has with their hair and intruduced solutions in the form of there Ultimate Blends range. I purchased the nourishing repair shampoo, with avocado oil as a key ingredient, this shampoo is fantastic for dry, damaged hair or in my case, the morning after curling and hair spraying!  

No matter what I do to my hair it will always be gently restored by use of this shampoo, the only negative I have is that once the lid is opened it is difficult to control how much comes out of the bottle, it takes a while to control it! No matter however, as this shampoo smells of Shea butter, absolutely divine. If your hair is really damaged then Garnier kindly intruduced a conditioner to accompany this saver - I am yet to try this though! 

Tresemme 24hr Body Amplifying Mousse 225ml RRP £5.75

I have has this product for months, maybe even a year! It just goes forever. The mousse is a proffessional formula designed with volume control complex which gives voluptuous body and bounce to your style - boy does it! I only ever use this product when I am need for big hair for example when I am planning to curl my hair as it makes my hair thick, big and holds the curls for days! The only issue I have with this is how sticky the mousse gets if you do not massage it in to the hair roots correctly. However, we can look past that fault and just peel our eyes to the beautiful locks this product helps us to achieve! A great mousse for anyone looking for BIG hair. 

Herbal Essence Bee Strong Mask, 200ml RRP £4.79
Herbal Essence Beautiful Ends Mask, 200ml RRP £4.79


As part of the Herbal Essences family these two masks of course smell amazing, they both do what they claim, one gives your ends some care, nourishing any damage but more impritantly preventing damage whilst the other makes your hair thicker and more shiny - both as beautiful and beneficial as the other. I tend to alternate weekly which one I use depending on what products or heating tools I have used on my hair that week, defiantly LOVE these masks.

Moreover, many leading supermarkets actually do promotional offers on theses products, I myself got both of these for the price of one; as Sainsburys was running a promotion of both being half priced - therefore I snapped these up! I have since seen these out of stock in many places, not surprising but don't compromise, wait. This will be a holy grail after one aplication.
VO5 Give Me Moisturiser Hot Oil Treatment 4 X15ml, RRP £4.29

Every Sunday this is my hair treat, with a blend of 5 vitamins, active shine boosters this oil is great for giving your hair a nice little weekly boost. I have used this now every week for the past two months, it is extremely affordable and really shows results. This oil, unlike others I have trialled is very easy to apply, I place it in boiling water while I run a nice bubbly bath, then as I get into the bath I apply it all over my hair specifically the ends, after 10 minutes of relaxing I simply wash it out and that is me done for another week, simple!
I believe VO5 also do another set focussing on nourishing your hair shine, I have not tried this myself as I would rather focus on the condition of my hair then the shine but if it is anything like this little gem then I would imagine it to be just as good. 


So there you have it, 7 little gems you may not have known about but I can not live without. My hat goes off to some beautiful brands who are not only impressive scientists but hair gods/goddesses. 


Follow me;
Instagram - amybrooker345
Twitter - @amysjbrooker

No comments:

Post a Comment