Sunday 13 July 2014

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer


NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, Light 1 Chantilly - 6ml RRP $29/£22


"Coveted by artists for its luxurious texture and luminous finish, new Radiant Creamy Concealer evens skin with lightweight medium to high buildable coverage. Enriched with hydrating, multi-action skincare benefits and light diffusing technology, it creates a softer, smoother complexion while instantly obscuring imperfections and diminishing fine lines and signs of fatigue"

This was another product I bought from America simply because NARS in the UK only stocks 7 shades whereas in the US they stock 10 - Chantilly being one of the 3 that the UK does not offer. In a nutshell this product regulary gets the hype and rightly so, having recently won "Best in Face" product in the Oprah Magazine, Spring 2013 this concealer really is essential. However, it is a little pricey therefore, I would not recommend buying this if your drugstore concealer is doing the job perfectly - it's great but you will not be missing out on too much.

Firstly, let's talk about the packaging , just like many concealers it comes in a tube with the lid acting as an applicator upon opening, the applicator itself is very soft making the application gentle and smooth. The concealer itself smells clean but strong - it is very difficult to describe when I say strong I do t refer to a bleach smell but more alcohol tint. 

Previously I have used drugstore concealers such as Maybelline Fit Me concealer and Rimmel London Wak Me Up concealer - both which worked wall, for short bursts but I found they never lasted all day without looking either greasy, creased or simply worn off, therefore, having heard so much about NARS and its radiant concealer I thought it may be the answer to my problems!

I always use concealer under my eyes generally, however, since I was able to get the lightest US shade I have taken to using my concealer not only to wake up under the eyes but to highlight also; meaning I use the concealer on the bridge of my nose, under the eyes, on the chin and above the lips. The verdict, I could nit be happier the concealer (as previously mentioned) applies smoothly and gentle, it glides onto the skin and even blends in perfectly, I have any many requests and compliments regarding my highlighting process since. However, contrary to NARS claim I have found that the concealer does cease after an hour or two of being applied, although this can be avoided by adding a small amount of powder after applying the concealer to your face. Since setting the concealer with powder I have nothing to complain about this product.

Overall, if you are looking for a beautifully designed smooth creamy concealer than this is where your search stops, NARS have perfected the formula to say the least, I could not imagine using my old drugstore concealers again, providing you have setting powder I can not see why this concealer would not be beneficial for every skin tones and types. 

What next?
Come back in 2 days to find a review on my July Glossybox - A special Stars and Stripes edition which includes American beauty Heros.


Follow me;
Instagram - Amybrooker345
Twitter - @Amysjbrooker



No comments:

Post a Comment